Amazon has launched a new feature where you can add video to your product listing which will help your business increase sales conversion. According to recent statistics, 45% of people watch more than an hour of Facebook or YouTube videos a week, and 51% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI.
Pro Tip: This feature is only open to professional sellers who have been approved as brand owners through Amazon Brand Registry Program.
Brands on Amazon from various categories and sizes are already leveraging on this new feature. Check out the example from Invicta below,
So why is this update so important for Amazon sellers? Here are five reasons why sellers should take advantage of this feature:
- The number one reason for using video in your product listings? Video converts more customers.
- Videos are far more engaging to present information and demand more customer attention compared to text and images.
- Videos have higher retention rates so sellers can create video content to get the message across to customers.
- Having a video showing how your product works or fits will answer any questions customers might have thus saving you from potential negative reviews.
- Videos are great for SEO. A lot of companies are putting priorities on video content and including a video in your product listing will increase the likelihood that your customers will find you when searching for relevant information.
There are various types of videos you can add to your product listing, unboxing videos being the most popular. This is because people love seeing how a product works, what it looks like in reality, how does it feel when holding it, the sizes, and many more. It is easier to watch a video than to guess these features by looking at images.
Amazon listing videos are implemented in the backend where you would post Enhanced Brand Content, but they show up in the frontend located at product images. Below is a simple 3-step guide for you to implement product listing videos.
Step 1 – Navigate to Enhanced Brand Content
Navigate to “Enhanced Brand Content” under the “Advertising” tab as shown in the image below.
Step 2 – Product Search
Enter the SKU number and click on the “Get Started” button to search for your product.
Once the search is complete, your product details will be displayed as shown in the screenshot below. Double check the product details are correct then click the “Add Video” button to proceed to the next step.
Step 3 – Upload Video
Once you have selected the product listing to add a video, the final step is to insert details of the video. Use thumbnails that represent the video and have your main product keywords in your video title and description. Click the “Submit” button once you have completed the details.
When selling on Amazon, it is important that sellers optimize their product listings to drive more conversions which ultimately increases sales and profits. I highly recommend brand registered sellers to take advantage of Amazon listing videos to stand out from competitors, increase conversions, and grow your business.
Here is some other useful information to optimize your product listings:
- Optimize Amazon Backend Search Terms
- 7 Tips to Maximize the Effectiveness of Your Product Photos and WOW Your Customers
- Amazon Enhanced Brand Content
- Amazon SEO – The Ultimate Guide to Optimizing Your Product Listings to Rank Organically
- 10 Core Components of Copywriting to Write Winning Sales Copies for Higher Sales and Profits
Eugene is an Amazon business coach, consultant, and blockchain enthusiast. He helps aspiring and established entrepreneurs build a highly profitable Amazon FBA business so they can unlock their true potential. Learn more about him at https://wiseintro.co/freedomprofitsblueprint?