This is an extensive update to our previous blog post on identifying your best keywords using ZonGuru’s new Keywords On Fire tool (For ease of explanation, let’s call it KWOF!). You will learn how to use the tool like a pro in this blog post. KWOF will assist you with product listing optimization using data that with a wider range yet still accurate.
WARNING: You will experience lots of “Aha” moments!
Even if you are already a leader in your niche, you should never rest your laurels! KWOF will help you with competitor research and give you more great keyword ideas. The three steps detailed below will explain how you can find your best keywords that will increase sales conversion rate and ROI of traffic sent.
Step 1 – Enter Keyword/Search Phrase
There are two methods for you to analyze your competitor keywords. The first method is to insert product ASINs manually while the second method is to add product ASINs by phrases or keywords. To add product by phrases, click on the button of which you will see a pop-up tab prompting you for search phrases. See image below:
Insert your phrase or keyword then click the “Search” button to discover the top-selling products on Amazon. Using “Alzheimer clock” as an example in this blog post, search results can be seen in the screenshot below,
The algorithm will extract the top 50 product listings on Amazon that you can use for comparison. Check the “Select All” checkbox at the bottom before clicking the “Add products” button to add all 50 products to your list. If you only want to select a few product listings for comparison, you can do so too.
Enter the “Session name” before clicking the “Run Keyword Analysis” button to let the KWOF algorithm do its job. Be as specific as possible with your session name so you don’t have to scratch your head trying to find your analyzed data.
It will take a couple of minutes for the algorithm to extract all keyword information from Amazon. There’s a tab showing the status of the analysis as shown in the screenshot below,
Once the analysis is completed, you will receive a message from our dedicated ZonGuru messenger for you to check the results. Click on the link to access the results.
Step 2 – Analyze Keywords
Your data will be populated as shown in the screenshot above. Similar to the Chrome Extension, KWOF also provides a score that tells you exactly what the keywords you are researching are worth. Let’s dive into each of the data provided,
- ZG Score – A scale of 0 to 100 that rates the overall value of your listing when you use the keyword in it.
- KW $ – The estimated monthly combined revenue that the keyword is driving for listings ranking in the top 25.
- Search Volume – The estimated number of exact match monthly searches for the keyword on Amazon.
- Top 25 Comp – The number of competitors that rank in the top 25 for the keyword.
- Units – The average number of units sold per month for listings ranking in the top 25 for the keyword.
- Reviews – The average number of reviews for listings ranking in the top 25 for the keyword.
- Price – The average price for listings ranking in the top 25 for the keyword.
- KW Title – The percent of listings that have the keyword included in their title.
- PPC Bid – The estimated PPC bid to appear for advertisements being displayed for this keyword.
- Top 3 Keyword $ – The combined revenue for the top 3 listings that occur as a result of ranking for the keyword.
- Top 3 Clicks – The combined percentage of clicks that the top 3 listings received in comparison to all of the clicks for the keyword.
- Top 3 Conv – The combined percentage of conversion that the top 3 listings received in comparison to all of the conversions for the keyword.
What makes the KWOF tool powerful is that the algorithm takes into consideration factors such as the number of competitors, search volume, and monthly revenue generated by keyword; then spits out the overall score of which you can use as a reference point whether to include these keywords in your listing or not.
There are filters available for you to filter keywords that deserve to be shortlisted. For instance, if you only want to view keywords with ZG score that is equal to or greater than 80 then these filters will come in handy. You can save the filtered data so you can view and compare these keywords.
Before you proceed to the next step, you will need to export or add keywords that you want to compare and use in your product listing. There’s a button next to the filters as shown in the image above that allows you to add selected keywords to Listing Optimizer where you can ensure you are using these keywords in your product listing. You can also export these keywords to excel for further analysis if needed.
Step 3 – Optimize Product Listings With Data
There’s no point is performing your keyword research if you are not going to utilize them right? The third step is to check, compare, and optimize your product listing with these valuable data obtained from KWOF. Enter your ASIN number and pull all relevant ASIN info such as title, description, bullet points, and backend keywords for a product listing audit.
The algorithm will automatically check and tell you where keywords are currently being used in your product listing so you can incorporate keywords that convert! Pretty neat isn’t it? Note that there are three types of icon located next to the keyword. Red “T” refers to the product title, green “D” refers to description, and blue “B” refers to bullet points. There is a fourth not visible (because it appears I am not optimized for it) “K” for Backend Keywords.
For those of you sellers who have yet to optimize your backend search terms, please check out our previous blog post on “Optimizing Amazon Backend Search Terms To Promote More Sales Volume”.
Keyword research is neither easy to understand nor clear-cut, however, with the right tool (i.e. KWOF) and strategy, you will obtain valuable data that will help drive sales for your Amazon business. It is also a continuous effort and you should check for potential new keywords that you can add into your listings and Amazon PPC advertising.
What are you waiting for? Try out KWOF today and get those sales rolling in.