Amazon Customer Insights is a new feature designed for sellers to solicit feedback from customers who have recently interacted with your products in the form of questions. This feature allows sellers to discover the reason behind customers purchases, purchasing habits, and interests so you can optimize your product listings and provide great shopping experience. Below is a 3-step process to create your own survey to gain customer insights.
Step 1 – Navigate to Amazon Customer Insights
To access this new feature, navigate to ‘Get Customer Insights’ under the Performance tab and click the ‘Get Started’ button to start customizing your survey form.
Step 2 – Customize Your Survey Form
There is a list of pre-built questions on the left panel you can select to ask shoppers, or you could create your own:
- How they make purchase decisions in your category
- How they hear about your product
- How they rank your product features
- How they use your product
- How likely they are to recommend your product
- What would make them more likely to purchase your product
In the middle panel, there is a project preview section for you to view how the actual customer insight form would look like. Here, you will be able to edit your answers to suit as well.
In the right panel, you need to select a product to be used for the survey. In this case, I’m using a sample product for references. Once you have selected your product, you can select up to 4 targeting audiences:
- Customers who have purchased your products
- Customers who have viewed your products
- Customers who viewed your products but didn’t buy them
- Customers who purchased a product in the same category
After you have selected your target audience, you need to select the product category using the drop-down menu. Next, you need to select the target responses you are aiming for the survey. Keep in mind that the cost to use Amazon Customer Insights is $3 per response to your question. Once you have entered the number of responses for the survey, Amazon will automatically calculate and provide an estimated cost.
The minimum number of target responses is 100, meaning the final project price is at least $300. That’s quite steep for a simple survey and there is also no discount for bulk insight surveys. The maximum number of target responses you can select from is 2500 responses and you will only get data on 100 of those responses, so going beyond that may not be worth the cost.
Pro Tip: There is a fee associated ONLY when customers respond to your question. Amazon will issue a refund for responses they can’t collect.
Step 3 – Confirm Project and Payment
The final step is to confirm your project and make sure there are no errors, and then proceed with the payment. Amazon will send you a confirmation email once payment is successful.
Could Amazon Customer Insights Be Helpful?
So, you are wondering if Amazon Customer Insights would be helpful for your business? Here are 5 ways you could utilize this feature to help you with decision making so you don’t waste time guessing what worked and what didn’t.
- You want to know what’s causing your customers to buy from your competitors instead of you.
- You want to gauge customer satisfaction, pricing strategy, product description, branding, and other product offerings.
- You are launching a new product and want to get an in-depth information that could help with your sales and marketing strategies.
- You want to know more about marketing strategies that worked or didn’t work.
- You want to determine what customers are searching for in that particular category you are selling.
As we all know, Amazon is constantly improving its features for sellers to utilize and improve their selling performances. Hopefully Amazon will improve the cost and flexibility of this feature in the near future for sellers to gain valuable customer insights.
If you are interested in testing this new feature or have already used this, please share your progress with other fellow gurus in the comment box below. Thank you!
Eugene is an Amazon business coach, consultant, and blockchain enthusiast. He helps aspiring and established entrepreneurs build a highly profitable Amazon FBA business so they can unlock their true potential. Learn more about him at https://wiseintro.co/freedomprofitsblueprint?